[ale] Systemd rants (was bow head)

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Sat Sep 9 00:01:42 EDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 10:21:10PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> Here's how simple runit is: I built my own imitation of runit from the
> 83 line of C Suckless Init program, the daemontools-encore supervisor
> suite, and a few shellscripts I wrote (called LittKit) that impose
> startup order.

Congragulations; Now that you've implemented init, the next assignment
in CS3411 is to write a coalescing malloc implementation.

Bonus points will be awarded for showing why an implementation
consistent with The UNIX Way (tm) doesn't exist outside a textbook.  [1]

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^