[ale] Fwd: Re: please bow your head for a moment of silence...

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Thu Sep 7 09:18:01 EDT 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [ale] please bow your head for a moment of silence...
Date: 	Thu, 7 Sep 2017 09:17:40 -0400
From: 	Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net>
To: 	Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com>

As of now systemd remains an optional path in the Gentoo Handbook (the
official document that guides you through a fresh Gentoo Linux
installation). My only attempt at it was several years ago when it was
still quite new and my experience was not good. Have been holding off
until the day comes when I think Gnome etc. is worth having on Gentoo.
The only *desktop* Gentoo machine I've set up in the last ten years or
so was as usable as it needed to be with xfce.