[ale] art/science of choosing cpu, motherboard, mem for a pc, some guidance

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 21:07:13 EDT 2017

As always, Thank You DJ.

I am not that concerned about the power aspect of this whole thing.

I found this CPU  Intel Core i7 2600 (3.8Ghz) CPU
<https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/sop/d/intel-core-ighz-cpu/6284494809.html>
for
sale on craigslist.

This CPU has a Pass score of 8217.  I presume purchasing the CPU on
craigslist is safe in terms of reliability.

I have to purchase cooler, paste for the motherboard.

Where can I check compat issues of Motherboard with Linux ?