[ale] Speaking of containers: Docker and iptables

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue Oct 31 10:21:27 EDT 2017

Docker containers insert rules on start of the container and remove them on stop of the container to the base system’s iptables to allow for internal communications.   I’d be leery of interfering with that process.

Question that just occurred to me:
Would one classify the base OS (not the individual containers) as a hypervisor or is there a better term for it?