[ale] Ksh script style checker or best practices

Joe Morris jolomo at panix.com
Sat Oct 21 12:38:43 EDT 2017

Not so long ago, jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I have gotten involved in a new placement at work where I am writing ksh
> scripts and have fallen in love with it. I never thought I would enjoy this
> because ksh scripts were always a bit of reach. I am curious is there some
> tool like Python's PEP8 style checker for bash scripts? If not, some place
> to find best practices towards style and syntax?
>
> I am just trying to avoid future me being utterly angered at some unknown
> idiot and then to find git blame saying it is past me.

Hi,
This is kind of a lint for shell scripts with some style suggestions:
https://github.com/koalaman/shellcheck

I recently found it from this blog post
https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/programming/ShellcheckGoodForMe

Good luck

--
  Joe Morris                       Atlanta history blog
  joe at jolomo.net                   http://atlhistory.com