[ale] Of password managers and family...

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Oct 20 15:58:41 EDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 03:55:16PM -0400, Joey Kelly wrote:
> I do not trust any foggy service to hold my passwords. I am a hardcore geek
> and enjoy bash, so I decided to spin up yet another half-finished project to
> vault my passwords a year or so ago, using Perl and AES. My script asks me for
> the master password, then lets me view or change any particular entry. I have
> to manually copy and paste the passwords.

If you're comfortable with the comand line, I suggeste you check out
'pass' -- it's described here:

https://lwn.net/Articles/714473/

It uss gpg to encrypt the passwords individually, and ties in with git
to provide distribution/synchronization.

I'm quite happy with it, but there's no real way to use it from a phone.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^