[ale] HumbleBundle Does it again...

jonnyX jonnyx at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 22 23:01:01 EDT 2017

On Jul 22, 2017 7:45 PM, Chuck Payne <terrorpup at gmail.com> wrote:

> HumbleBundle has a great sale on Cyber Security Books, all are DMR-Free
>
>https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley

Cut & paste from my post to NLUG (the Nashville Linux Users Group) about this a few days ago:

I look up the titles via Amazon & check the reviews, publication date, etc., before plopping down $$$.

Note that you can get the first and second editions of "Security Engineering" free from the author's website:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/book.html

Note also that the "20th Anniversary Edition" of "Applied Cryptography" is a reprint of the 1996 original, not an update. Still good reading (and worth $15 if you don't already have it), but dated in a number of areas.

~~Dru (NLUG President)

PS - If you purchase this bundle, be sure to download the PDF versions as well as the epub & mobi versions. Some of the ebooks in the recent Linux Humble Bundle were not-particularly-well-converted epubs/mobis from the source PDFs. Since you'll have links to all versions, you might as well download everything so as to avoid any possible nasty surprises later...