[ale] Sunday's Weekly Meetup

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Jul 20 20:42:12 EDT 2017

On 07/20/2017 06:58 PM, Arie vW wrote:
> Hey everyone, just a quick (probably dumb) question. Are there monitors
> available at Harry's? If I bring my Raspberry Pi should I bring a
> monitor and keyboard? Alternatively, will someone be there who can show
> me how to (if possible) run my SD card through my laptop via virtual box
> or something?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Arie
>
> PS. I just realized I could probably set up SSH before hand and work
> with it that way.

You should bring everything you need except a wifi router. Don't forget
power cables if you need them. Same for wired networking - you'll need
to bring a switch/router and whatever cables you need to make a tiny
LAN, if that is your need.

The skills of the people who show up are varied. Life interrupts plans
all the time, so we never know who will be there.

Skills for r-pi devices are varied.  I'm good with OSMC installs, but
haven't done much else. I've never setup my Pis to use wifi.  You'll
need a way to control that without a network connection, right?
Chicken-egg problem.

Don't have any idea how to run an ARM OS under virtualbox, if that was
the question.