[ale] [OT] Cloudatcost bait and switch?

Douglas Yoon mrdougyoon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 10:15:35 EDT 2017

OK - gonna risk getting assaulted here... (and, I am NOT an Amazon employee)

Depending on your needs, AWS can be cheap. Focusing on a Virtual Machine:
+ The 1 year free tier is actually free (750 hours/month free for 1 cpu/1GB
RAM/30GB EBS Storage)
+ You can divide your free tier into different chunks (1 VM running all
month, or 4 VM's running 25% of the time)
+ Amazon actually doesn't care if you "renew" with a new e-mail address.
I'm on Year 2 with the same credit card

For hosting static web pages, this is free:
+ 5GB on S3 (Object Store)
+ 1 million REST API calls per month
+ 1 million Lambda calls per month
+ 25 GB storage DynamoDB
+ 1 GB outgoing traffic  (all incoming traffic into AWS is free)

More information about free trial and always free tier:
https://aws.amazon.com/free/

So, why am I sticking my neck out here?  Not only because AWS for personal
use can be very cost effective, but because, I have found that the industry
badly needs AWS experts and are willing to pay well for people to help with
their AWS workloads. You can break into AWS on your own time, for very
little cost.  Just sayin', if it is free to try, why not try...

my 2 cents...