[ale] small XMPP server.

Jason van Gumster fweeb at monsterjavaguns.com
Wed Jan 4 08:01:17 EST 2017

Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm tired of trying to use facebook or gmail for messaging my friends.
> Since these companies removed support for XMPP you have to use different
> messengers or the one provided by the company. I'm going to try to set
> small XMPP server for myself and my friends and let them use it.
>
> Any recommendations?

I've been using OpenFire for XMPP messaging at work and it's served us
reasonably well. It's got a few small annoyances, but a lot of that, I think is
derived from the fact that I'm using our company's ancient Active Directory
server for authentication. For a small server for your friends, it should work
out just fine for you.

  -Jason