[ale] VLANs for home with a Linux Router

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 12:09:51 EST 2017

I have one downstairs in the basement right behind the router that uplinks
to the one one on my desk.  That one runs to the switch on the other side
of the house at my media station, printer and AP.  So I'm stuck with three
and it just happens the wifi ap is at the worst end.  I used to have it in
the basement but then I couldn't reach it upstairs.

I'll look at the Trendnet.  The 16 in the basement and two 8's might be
prefect.