[ale] VLANs for home with a Linux Router

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Mon Jan 2 19:05:53 EST 2017

Many home switches don't understand vlan tagging. To get actual partitioning of the network with vlan tagging, you need to use addressable switches so certain ports are allowed certain vlans while others are not.

Use different IP networks and control the gateway. It's the same thing in the end and costs less.