[ale] EHLO

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 17:12:35 EDT 2017

The Wife unit and I made it up as far as the Valhalla welcome center in SC
and were joined unexpectedly by our 2nd daughter. We sat on the hill
underneath trees north of the welcome center proper. it gave us a great
view of Lake Hartwell and all of the eclipse action. A cloud threatened at
one point but blew by without obscuring our view.

I thought the coolest part was as totality ended we got the beautiful
"diamond ring" for a few seconds and then BAM! the darkness was instantly
dispelled as a small sliver of sun broke around from the dark side of the
moon. It was really striking how suddenly the darkness dissipated, not
gradual like sunrise. It was a great experience!

For us traffic was a mess coming and going. Six hours to get there from
south side of Atl. then we drove on up to Greenville---complete gridlock
southbound all the way to Greenville---spent the night in G'ville and drove
home this morning. There was some traffic event on I-85 south in Gwinnett
still causing a 40 minute traffic jam as late as 10:30am!