[ale] Good machine for recording ?

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Thu Aug 10 20:51:49 EDT 2017

It's overkill with a HDHomerun as hardware encoding is done on the
HDHomerun.

I currently have two HDHomerun Primes recording to a Dell PowerEdge 830. It
has a 3.0 Ghz Pentium D processor and 2GB of ram. I added a SSD for the
boot disk and a 5 TB video drive for MythTV. Works like a champ.

So you'll have absolutely no problem with a I5 and a modern MB.

BAJ

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 07:21:22PM -0400, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
>    Is this good for a device to record video with hdhomerun ?
>    [1]https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883794053?sdtid=10450096&SID=160
>    64e027e2211e78bddce95ad32fc490INT&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8
>    Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na
>
> References
>
>    1. https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883794053?sdtid=10450096&SID=16064e027e2211e78bddce95ad32fc490INT&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na

Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
http://faculty.clayton.edu/bjeff