[ale] ssh issue

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Tue Aug 8 08:28:48 EDT 2017

Taking you at your word about already checking permissions, I'd answer that
you might check the ssh daemon configuration.  (They're worth a double
check, so I agree that the other responses are helpful.)

One trick I find helpful when the ssh server is doing odd things is to use
the debug option to launch the ssh daemon verbosely on a high port like
2345, so that I can see it print stuff out as I try to ssh from a different
host.

Another possibility (a long shot, though) is SELinux.  You can check for SE
alerts to see whether that's stopping something related to ssh key use.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>