[ale] [OT] Deep in the woods communications to home?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Wed Aug 2 12:22:01 EDT 2017

Around 2010 I was interested in the same question but for deep water
sailing (though I never did any.)

At the time the best answer was a satellite phone.  The "Iridium" brand
came up a lot in conversations.

VHF radio was good for nearby ships, and single side band had more range.
I only mention those because for all I know they make small and light
versions of these radios, but I didn't google it before typing.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>