[ale] Possibly OT; NoScript workalike, Chrome

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Apr 28 10:40:45 EDT 2017

On 04/28/2017 09:17 AM, Kyle Brieden wrote:
> Wait, why aren't we chrome fans around here?

Allowing the largest online advertiser direct access to your web
browsing just seems ... er ... foolish.  Common sense, if you care about
privacy at any level.

Chromium has lots and lots of google-isms inside too. There was an
attempt to fork last year and remove all the google connections. Haven't
heard much about that effort recently.

I use Chromium for very specific uses, inside a container with a file
system overly that never touches the HDD.  firejail --private mode.

Those are my reasons.  Everyone needs to decide where they stand.  For
many people, there are more important things in their lives than trying
to avoid google.