[ale] [So OT it's in a new category of OT] Casting call for men that are like most ALE geezers.

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Apr 11 05:46:10 EDT 2017

Get most of mine at REI.  Love the puke green look.

http://alaska.jdpfu.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?album=/0807-Grewingk_Glacier_Lake&mode=viewpicture&picture=540-Glacier_Lake-JD-best.jpg#start_picture

Notice the fly net hat. Critical when deet doesn't matter.

On 04/10/2017 09:58 PM, Neal Rhodes wrote:
> Hey, the fact that I get all my pants at Northern Tools now is a
> conscious fashion and value decision.    I like well made stuff that lasts.
>
> On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 18:33 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> OK. I'm still laughing. Bear with me. Finding it difficult to type
>> this....
>>

>> Apparently someone pointed the casting manager to the ALE website as a
>> possible place to find men that are, well, like most of the ALE males.
>> We do look like disheveled grumpy guys with social impediments.
>>

>> Just sayin' !
>>

>> So I get a phone call from the casting manager looking for guys who
>> need a make over and are willing to do it on the show "Queer Eye for
>> the Straight Guy". Apparently Linux geeks (and HAM enthusiasts - which
>> is how she found us!) are lacking in style and fashion.
>>

>> I have style and fashion - slob and slovenly. I'm not paid to be good
>> looking (HEY! NO LAUGHING!).
>>

>> Enjoy. Totally OT. Maybe someone will get a nice suit out of this. I'm
>> still waiting for Armani to make a flannel suit.
>>

>> *_Seeking Men in the Atlanta, GA area Who Need a MAKEOVER!_*
>>
>> Do you know a man who is in need of some new duds, a new haircut, a
>> new outlook and a major confidence boost?
>>
>> Is your brother, husband, father, boyfriend, or close friend a great
>> guy - but completely clueless when it comes to things like wining and
>> dining, dressing, and interior design?
>> Could he benefit from the guidance of a passionate team of experts,
>> comprised of five highly-qualified gay men?
>>
>> If you know someone who deserves the makeover of a lifetime, please
>> email *jessica.jorgensen at leftfi
>> <mailto:jessica.jorgensen at leftfieldpictures.com>eldpictures.com
>> <mailto:jessica.jorgensen at leftfieldpictures.com>* with your name,
>> contact information, a recent photo of the person you're nominating,
>> and their story.
>>
>> ***We are looking for nominations for people living within a 1-hour
>> radius of Atlanta.*
>>
>> The Fab Five - experts in interior design, grooming, fashion, food and
>> culture - are ready to give some southern men a new look....and a new
>> outlook.
>>

>> --
>> James P. Kinney III
>>
>> Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you
>> gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his
>> own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
>> - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
>>
>> http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT
professionals.