[ale] Use cloud guest to compile kernel

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Sep 25 11:29:15 EDT 2016

Cross-compiling complicates the LFS instructions. It takes a lot of time to build those packages and get it working. I've tried CLFS and ran into issues.

I also don't trust GCC to do exactly what I say. Example: "When I say no CMOV I mean no f'ing CMOV!" The fact that there are kernel modules to fake uname info is a testament to that. On my dev system I replaced the uname program with a script to report BS to anyone that asks.