[ale] NTP/Chrony time zone persistence

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:51:22 EDT 2016

vague memory of vmware bug not passing the timezone on a time request
to virtual hardware clock. Only solution was a start up script that
sets TZ on boot then does a time sync to an external source. Did not
affect windows VMs but played hell on Linux VMs that expected the
hwclock to send good data.

--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.