[ale] Tmux, where have you been alll my life?

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:01:22 EDT 2016

If you're looking for a better terminal experience check out Terminator.
Tabs and resizeable splits along with a few other handy features.
http://gnometerminator.blogspot.com/p/introduction.html

But yes, tmux is very nice.  Once learned up tmux, tossed screen out the
window and never looked back.

For those of you on OSX, iTerm2 (also tabs and resizeable panes) has some
integration with tmux to take things to a whole other level of fun.

If only there was a decent similar app on Windows...

--chip

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
wrote:

> I needed to see many xterms and started playing with tmux yesterday.  I'm
> upset with myself for not exploring it 10 years ago.
>
> My hearing is about 40-50%, but my eyes are near perfect.   A very nice
> high res IPS display running gnome-terminal at 8pt font could show me the
> world with only one tab. :)

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....