[ale] Fwd: [mil-oss] US military uses 8-inch floppy disks to coordinate nuclear force operations

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu May 26 21:25:29 EDT 2016

On Fri, 27 May 2016 07:38:05 +0900
Sam Rakowski <devnull at iamdevnull.info> wrote:

> > better than thumb drives :
> > http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/25/us-military-uses-8-inch-floppy-disks-to-coordinate-nuclear-force-operations.html
> > US military uses 8-inch floppy disks to coordinate nuclear force
> > operations
>
> Agreed. It's 2016. They need to move to the cloud already.

I really hope you're kidding. Some things don't belong on the Internet,
and access to nuclear weapon launch is one of them.

Surely there must be a happy medium between 8 inch floppy and NWAS
(Nuclear War As A Service).

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21