[ale] Testing video conference capability.

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:36:16 EDT 2016

I have new toys at work! A nice PTZ camera and microphone setup that
connects by USB to a mac mini running Vidyo.

Not GPL so that's sad. But at least it has $0 clients for Linux desktop and
Android phone/tablet. It also costs my department $0 to use the portal
connection.

I've had a conference with myself between new gear and phone. The invite
includes rather vague info about using a SIP connection and h.323 protocol.

Can someone with SIP skilz find some time to play with new toys with me?

Note: this is not my long term vision for ALE remote meetings. That will be
an all GPL or similar freedom-friendly, fully auditable software stack with
recording ability.