[ale] ALENW meeting requested for all VIRTUALIZATION presentation

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu May 5 12:21:57 EDT 2016

Background Info:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroot
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Container_%28virtualization%29
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cgroups

Different Containers:
 https://docs.docker.com/engine/userguide/ good "best practices"
 http://www.las-hq.com/lxd-course Begins 5/9 (free online)
 http://containerjournal.com/2015/09/28/lxd-the-hypervisor-for-lxc-containers-part-one/
 http://cloudacademy.com/blog/linux-containers-with-lxc-some-best-practices/

Security for Containers:
 http://www.infoworld.com/article/2923852/security/containers-have-arrived-and-no-one-knows-how-to-secure-them.html

I've presented at ALE-NW on KVM/VirtualBox/Xen VMs at least 6 times over
the years.  Happy re-visit those again, but not at ALE-NW (we don't have
a good location for presentations anymore).

On 05/05/16 10:05, Chuck Payne wrote:
> I do a lot with KVM, I can even show some of the scripts I have. Show
> a best practice of things I have learned as well. Another 15-20 mins.
> If that helps.
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Given the scope of the material, preparing for a June meeting makes sense.
>>
>> I use ovirt now and am poking around docker and mesos all for work. I can
>> tackle those in a 15-20 minute talk.
>>
>> I should have Vidyo conferencing available by June meeting as well.
>>
>> On May 5, 2016 8:39 AM, "Phil Turmel" <philip at turmel.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> No harm asking. :-)
>>>
>>> It's an impressive list of technologies.  I could talk about one or two.
>>>
>>> ALE Central is the forum for scheduled presentations.  ALE-NW and ALE-SW
>>> are format-free help sessions in casual environments.
>>>
>>> ALE Central's normal location is unavailable this month due to Jim's
>>> travels, and I haven't heard an alternate yet.  If no one can host in a
>>> suitable space, there might not be a May meeting.  Your request might
>>> prompt someone to step up ;-).

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT
professionals.