[ale] Party like it is 1995

maddog@li.org jonhall80 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 18:14:46 EDT 2016

All,

I was cleaning out my house the other day, and I found some CDE balsa airplanes that were made to be swag for some show.

Likewise I think I still have the complete set of CDE standards and programming manuals somewhere in my library.

Of course when you use CDE, please remember what it was like to "party like it is 1995".  While the monitors may have been all of 21" from corner to corner, the pixel density was typically 1024 by 800 (or less).  Not a lot of real estate to play around with.

Still, it must be interesting to see a desktop system that was built for 10 Mbps Ethernet, x486 CPU speeds, and (by today's standards) small amounts of RAM memory.

As Wayne Cambell often said: "Party On!"

md