[ale] Charlotte

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Jun 5 13:59:22 EDT 2016

I never felt like the talks at SELF were anything like trying to market
stuff or even services.  Well, except Redhat, which does an extremely
soft-sale. The talks are all from engineers, not marketing people.  More
about How-To, not how-can-we-sell-you.

The Redhat guys seem to live in a redhat centric world and don´t talk
about how to use non-Redhat-based stuff - that´s been my experience.  As
a non-RH guy, I always need a secret decoder ring to understand what
they are talking about.  ¨Atomic?¨  Huh? Lots of RH specific projects
were discussed which had RH dependencies (each with a different secret
name).

IME.

OTOH, I suppose the Canonical talks could be seen the same way, but
since I´m part of that community, the different projects didn´t sound
like secret stuff to me. ;)

If folks are interested, I can setup an email alias to add people from
ALE to for SELF-2016.  Slightly less public than this list.  Someone
else could set that up too - doesn´t matter to me.  Just for people
actually attending SELF from ALE.