[ale] OT: Linux jobs

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Apr 30 14:49:00 EDT 2016

That woman's article is excellent, and in fact exactly describes why I
founded Steve's Stereo Repair in 1983: A company that later
morphed into Troubleshooters.Com. I owe my business to concepts
contained in that article.

I'll make one other comment: Liz Ryan's article
(https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wake-up-smell-coffee-employment-over-liz-ryan?trk=hp-feed-article-title-channel-add)
offers *no justification* for the (barely legal) misbehavior of
corporations, their HR departments, and their immigration lawyers in
denying employment to qualified and willing Americans. I want to make
sure nobody interprets my approval of this article as "Those lazy
Americans won't manager their careers, so they deserve to be replaced
by foreign workers."

The H1B thing is about getting ubercompliant technologists working 80
and being paid 40, because one little complaint sends them back where
they came from.

SteveT