[ale] CentOS 7 DVD Install

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri May 29 09:34:45 EDT 2015

I'm feeling really dumb now.

Using the CentOS 7 DVD (1.1G) installer - it has a GUI and trying to use the
manual partitioning where you press '+' to add partitions.  It won't let me. The
+ is ignored - both on the numpad and shift-= ...

I've been going around and around this for about 30 min. "Error checking storage
configuration. Click for details." is where I'm at now on the "Installation
Destination" screen.

The "Other Storage Options" don't like me.

Figure it must be something really stupid. I feel like a complete noob here.

Didn't have any issues with the CentOS 6.6 text installer. That partitioning
tool is a work of art, BTW.  Easily created partions, LVM VGs, LVs, and
encrypted the whole thing (except /boot).