[ale] python mysql.connector hang

David Jackson deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 23:43:25 EDT 2015

Hi,

Has anyone used the mysql.connector program for python3.4?  I think it's
choking on a database error or something.  I'm not sure if that's the
problem.  But I've got a unittest program that testing another module
that's supposed to take three test emails and parse/load them into a mysql
database, and then test whether they were loaded correctly into the
database.  I actually copied them from the lesson text, so they're SUPPOSED
to work, but the test program does not terminate normally.  It hangs.  It
stops cold.  It hangs right where it would drop a table from the database
before doing the 2nd unittest.method.  (the first unittest passed.)  I
don't think it's a logic or syntax error.  Python itself would have caught
most of that I think.  When I ^C out of it, the Traceback points to the
network.py module in the mysql.connector source code.  Makes me wonder
whether there might be an actual bug in the connector code?

But the program just stops.  What would cause that?

Thanks!
Dave

PS.  It's not a permissions error I'm almost completely certain (I granted
myself all permissions on these tables).