[ale] [OT] Cheap 1U Linux/hobby servers

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Mon Mar 23 10:05:29 EDT 2015

This may be a good opportunity to pick up a Linux hobby/experimentation server for cheap, if any of you are interested.  I’m passing this along for one of my co-workers, before he sells them on EBay. He bought two of these (specs below) for virtualization hosts, and they turned out to be too noisy (fan noise) for his home rack.  He is selling them for $150 each, plus shipping (we are in Alabama, remember).  They would probably be great if you have a place where you can set them up without the fan noise bothering you.
If you are interested, please reply off-list, and I will get you in touch with him.  Thanks!

He has two of these at $150 each.
Sun Microsystems Sunfire X4100 M2 1U server
specs:
Quick Rails Included
Model :  X4100 m2
Processor Manufacturer :  AMD