[ale] Buying advice for Laptop ?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Jun 24 13:12:59 EDT 2015

On 06/24/2015 12:37 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> you might want to look at LibreOffice, no need to pay for M$ Office...
> they have libreoffice for windows...

If you work alone on documents, libreoffice is great.

If you work in a team or use any of the collaboration features like
comments/edits, then having the exact same release of the same software is
necessary.  Otherwise, everyone will spend 80% of their time fixing stupid
format issues.

Plus with libreoffice, there isn't any "ribbon" hiding all the things I want to
do. I'm old and don't want to learn a new way after 20+ yrs - dammit!