[ale] Comcast Business service

gcs8 gcsviii at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 23:48:28 EDT 2015

OK, so I skimmed most of this, Jim, your IP would change either when you
change the MAC of your inside router or the modem, easy way to get around
an IP block/ban.

If you can and you are not going over 100/20 package get the SMC modem, the
Netgears have been a crapshoot and even the comcast reps will admit it. I
have had great service from them, had a tech to my place in 45 min on
christmas eve, called in for my sister on christmas and got a biz rep on
rather short order (1 min wait or so) had to call back for the rez side,
took 45 min or so. I have had to have their plant engineers come out and do
some troubleshooting with me, I got an over populated node split, though it
did take a couple months. all in all it is not that high of a price to pay
to move 2-4TB of data every month.

This has just been my experience with them.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 6:05 AM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>
wrote:

> I've had residential service from Comcast for about 4 years and I still
> have the same IP address that I started out with.  While it CAN change
> every time the modem reboots, mine never has.  YMMV.
>
> Jim.
>
> On 06/13/2015 03:45 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
>
>> I have residential and my ip stays the same for past two months even I've
>> had modem power rebooted few times. How often is supposed to change?

Charles Selfridge

PBYC  IT director

(404) 910-3409