[ale] Comcast Business service

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Sat Jun 13 07:06:04 EDT 2015

On 06/13/2015 01:56 AM, Michael Trausch wrote:
> They do offer IPv6 everywhere,

I've been trying to get IPv6 on my business-class for years. Not ready, they
keep saying. I checked a few weeks ago - no joy - again.

I was told I had to have their equipment because I have a small subnet. My own
router handles all the public IPs just by taking them. The SMC router
automatically goes into bridge mode.  Plus it offers 10.x.x.x addresses for some
other devices I have at the edge that I didn't want on any of my internal networks.

The ISP service has been stable here for years. About every 7 yrs, the
connection gets a little iffy - a tech comes out and does tests, then runs a
new, larger cable, which lays across the yard and driveway for 3 months until I
call to complain about kids tripping on it. A few days after the complaint they
bury it, less than an inch deep. ;(