[ale] Comcast Business service

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Jun 13 01:56:21 EDT 2015

First, they use RIP for static IP delivery. If they'd allow you to bring your own IP space in the first place, you'd be able to use your own equipment for static addressing too. Presumably the rip key is part of docsis configuration for the device, but that's beyond my ability to see and so merely a hypothesis.

They do offer IPv6 everywhere, and it's easy and cheap to add static IPs via reverse proxy at a vps or collocated system.

Sent from my iPhone