[ale] DB Failover Load Balancer

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:32:26 EDT 2015

Guys,
  I'm setting up an HAProxy to balance between some web servers.  Working
great with a least-used mode.

  The next step is to balance between 2 databases but I don't want them in
a  round robin or even 'normal' balancing.  The DBA's are setting up
one-way data replication only ( long argument they are refusing to explain
).  So I need to have 2 hosts in a 'cluster' with HostA as the
single/primary and if it goes down, fail over to HostB.  If HostA comes
back up, do NOT fail back to HostA until manually told to do so ( data
re-sync, etc ).

Any thoughts?  I don't see an option to configure HAproxy in this type of
config.

Robert