[ale] Cluster software for Raspberry Pi? - OT VCS

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Jul 2 11:47:59 EDT 2015

True enough but many corporations are also too cheap to continue to use tried and true software when they go to open source environments.   Many folks also use VxVM and VxFS on Unix but move to Linux native filesystems and LVM when going to Linux.  (Funny HP-UX had LVM and hfs built in but started including Veritas (now Symantec) several years ago and suggested move to them.  (Of course you had to pay extra to get full functionality.)

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it makes no sense to use commercial software on open source OS.   I was just curious if there was any technical comparison done that resulted in choosing VCS on Linux over other possibilities.