[ale] Best public DNS servers?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Wed Jan 28 13:55:00 EST 2015

Thanks all.

Both OpenDNS and Google as suggested by multiple people will do what I want.

OpenDNS' IPs:  208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Google's IPs:   8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

As a note to those who expressed concern about not having our own.  We DO - this particular need was for a guest network that won't be seeing any of our internal IPs (i.e. a Public WiFi we're providing though for a limited set of users).   Our DNS servers don't allow recursive lookups on the public interface and while I could have opened up the ACL to allow this particular range of IPs to do that I thought it better to simply point those IPs to a public DNS server since they don't need to do any internal lookups anyway.