[ale] Still using plain FTP? Why?

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Tue Jan 20 08:01:16 EST 2015

My biggest battle lately is transferring many (4,000+) large (100+GB) files and needing to do parallel transfers to fully utilize the (internal) pipe. At the moment, we are transferring the data from a 3TB HD (USB3) over 1G ethernet.  I'm using rsync to copy the files. Security or encryption is not needed (the files are actually encrypted) because all of the file transfers are on the internal LAN (there is no Internet access).

/Raj