[ale] Linux admin position salary survey

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Sun Jan 4 23:14:39 EST 2015

I call BS on indeed.com's numbers. Because of the Microsoftization of
run-of-the-mill Linux usage and the wide human resource pipeline feeding
into it, jobs like those are being taken over by $40-50K/year guys
coming out of the cert mills and the cloud racket means that fewer and
fewer people will ever rack-n'-stack again. It's very difficult to
command six figures when you can't differentiate yourself from folks
making half that or even less when the work can be readily offshored.