[ale] Cloud or Hardware?

Dan Perez rdanperez at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:06:29 EST 2015

I really like AWS.  After a couple of months, learning from scratch, we've
spun up a small enterprise level environment out there and are quite happy
with it.  We have a Chef server out there and there are Chef tie-ins to AWS
to spin up and shut down instances.  And, of course, the aws cli can do
pretty much anything that the console can do, so that's great for scripting.

If you are opening a new account with them, you should be getting one years
free worth of the smallest sized instances.  Or something.
Enjoy