[ale] ALE-NW dying

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Fri Jan 2 11:06:31 EST 2015

On 01/02/2015 09:33 AM, Brian MacLeod wrote:
> I’m going to be a little harsher, and probably overstep, but…
>
> ALE-NW isn’t dying.  ALE is dying.
>
> I presented in December for Central, and there were 3-4 people other
> than me.  When I asked Jim Kinney if this was just a holiday thing,
> he said no — that’s been the attendance for ALE Central for months
> now, and if that continues, there’s not much point in having a venue
> anymore and I agreed.

I've been away for months on a large project, and suffered while topics
of interest were presented at Central (systemd in particular).  I'm
finally wrapping up that out-of-town effort and have been looking
forward to attending meetings again.

I'm even ready to present (February?):  Home / hobbyist Linux Raid best
practices, a polishing of excerpts from years of advice on the
linux-raid mailing list.

Please ALE, don't die.

Phil