[ale] Kali linux

William Wylde durtybill at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 16:19:17 EST 2015

Raj:
Yes, I  already use fail2ban on the box (you dhould have seen the number of
attempts before it was implemented).  But thank you for your input.  :-)
I probably do need to check that I've got all the latest patches for
apache, etc.   though.

Jim:
I had, nor do I have any intent to violate the attacing boxes, merely sniff
around for connections to suspect ports, nmapping them, and possinly
mapping and turning in whole blocks of bot-nets at a time- rather than just
one ip at a time.  I don't know whether that would be legal or not, it
really seems no more than what tracking cookies akready do to everybody
everyday.   But, I guess I could set up a script that would read the logs
and send an automated email to whatever the "abuse" contact in a reverse
dns lookup would be. I'm abslutely sure that would be legal..

Just not as satisfying.