[ale] [90dw-lcthw] Defining your success

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 05:55:58 EST 2015

We had two students and one mentor for the pre-meeting. I felt things
went well, but will admit to a rare bout of holiday cheer. Others may
feel differently.

If you are considering joining, please think about your personal goals,
and how you will measure success. Goals will help motivate you to set
aside lesser tasks and stay focused. How you measure success will be
your own source of joy. There is no reason to accept someone else's
diktat on how, what, or when you should learn.

This also means mentors can set personal goals and define their own
success as well. Maybe you choose to help the project along and take
notes so you can run something similar? Maybe you just enjoy helping
newbies? We all have room for growth, what do you want to work on?

If the question comes up, "Is just two students worth the effort?", the
answer is "ABSOLUTELY!"

I'm looking forward to this, and hope you are as well.

Leam