[ale] [OT] Helping others learn C, D, X, Y, Z, EIEIO...

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Tue Dec 15 09:05:03 EST 2015

On 12/15/2015 08:10 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Yeah!
>
> 'Cause I can't present at every ALE Central meeting forever!  :-}
>
> All joking aside, this is what ALE has done loosely for 20 years; take
> something you know or want to know and show it to or learn it with
> others. ALE did this specifically with Atlanta Linux Showcase. This is a
> very good, on going process that ALE can do to organize itself around.
> Maybe we can get to the level where we can get some big names sponsored
> for travel to Atlanta to speak or teach on a specific topic.

I presented "Using C with PostgreSQL" at another meetup in September
that could be repurposed.  I tried and failed to record it (audio
problems) but the prepared material is posted on github:

https://github.com/pturmel/pgtest

I could present it again, adjusting the focus to spend more time on the
C itself.  Including the *big* problem left in the examples for
discussion purposes.

January meeting?  February?  Not March, though.  Maybe after Leam et al
get through the first course?

Phil