[ale] systemd

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:39:34 EST 2015

At this point I'm echoing what I heard. Admittedly, the source was
reliable but also had probably just heard me complain about systemd. I
don't think the context was "only systemd" can do this, but that it
did it much better than init scripts.

Like I said, I've not proven it fully, but was interested to have
heard at least one positive comment.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 11:34 AM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> Such as? As far as I'm aware it just uses cgroups:
>
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cgroups/
> https://sysadmincasts.com/episodes/14-introduction-to-linux-control-groups-cgroups
>
> Which is completely scriptable.
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:56 AM, leam hall <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Okay, I finally heard one positive comment on systemd. It allows some
>> of the more granular kernel security controls that init scripts don't.
>> Not that I'm totally happy, but this is something to go look more at.
>>
>> Leam
>>
>> --
>> Mind on a Mission

> James Sumners