[ale] RasPI random numbers

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Dec 3 10:53:11 EST 2015

On 2015-12-03 04:51, Boris Borisov wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/02/raspberry_pi_weak_ssh_keys/
>
> some /dev/urandom stuff here:
>
> http://www.2uo.de/myths-about-urandom/

Good thing I'm still on wheezy I suppose.  For some reason it managed to
seed at start.  I wonder how that got dropped in the transition.

Strangely, though, /dev/urandom by default is not fully reseeded when
the Pi is being used in a server mode and no real mention of that is
made.  The entropy stays very low.  I had to install rng-tools to have
the hardware RNG hooked to /dev/urandom to boost the entropy while running.