[ale] Rebuild CentOS 7.X

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Dec 2 17:23:00 EST 2015

I have an issue on using CentOS 7.X for my development tree on some hardware and I'm thinking I need to rebuild the distribution.

Currently I use CentOS 5.X 32bit i386 libraries. The hardware I compile for is basically i586 without CMOV instruction support. That is the key there. Current distributions do not offer media that will target i586. I have a CentOS 5.X tree I chroot into when I build software. I bind /proc so I've replaced uname and a few other programs with scripts that lie to configure.

I have new hardware that does support CMOV, but would like to still support the older hardware. My idea is to rebuild CentOS 7.X in the 5.X tree and target i586. Is that possible?