[ale] semiOT: Desktop

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Dec 2 16:09:33 EST 2015

In a sense, isn't that all DE is?
A number of programs (a few to a lot...) on a gui platform?
I use my DE for everything I interact with to do my job. Anything that is interactive, I do in my DE; even terminal sessions. The servers run, well, services.
I rarely touch access a server from the console anymore, so it is my window into my server environments, too.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com> 12/2/2015 3:31 PM >>>
Everybody talks about DE for Linux. What to expect from DE?

My way of using Linux is WM plus browser xterm file manager. Using start
menu or icons if available. And taskbar or alternative ALT+TAB.

So actually my DE is handful little programs on top of X.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile