[ale] Is it risky?

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:47:37 EDT 2015

On 08/31/2015 09:28 AM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> In the early days of Dell "supporting" Linux on their PowerEdge servers they'd often tell me to reboot into Windows to do troubleshooting for our RHEL installations.
>
> One of my favorite calls to them was when they wrote a Linux BIN script that failed and gave that suggestion for Windows.   I figured out the bug in the BIN and told them what it was though I don't know if they fixed it for other customers at the time.
>
> These days they have a full Linux support team and that madness is long gone at least for PowerEdge.
when I was installing red hat, long ago... I had to make a kickstart CD
with specialized boot STUFF.. the program that created that file was...
an .EXE . go figure..

I remember way back in RH 3.4, maybe 3.3 ... I was doing an
installation, and they added these ( for that time) HUGE 2 TB drives..
the install choked, and I found out that we needed a newer version of
RHEL to recognize 2TB partitions... which wasn't certified on our
application. I had similar issues with PERC raid controllers.. ah the
good old days:)

--
Paul Cartwright