[ale] sudo frustrations, help please

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 11:27:41 EDT 2015

Create a Linux group teamsysuser and add users to that group. In
sudoers file
@teamsysusers ALL(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
Or shortcut all of this and add them to the WHEEL group (on RHEL-like
systems) and uncomment the WHEEL line in sudoers file.
On Tue, 2015-08-25 at 11:18 -0400, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> Here is the scenario I am trying to solve.
>
> teamsysuer => system account  without a shell but has the following
> entry in sudoers file
>
> teamssysuser ALL(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
>
> ========================
>
> narahari => regular user
> robert => regular user
>
> ========================
>
> We want to be able to allow
> narahari and robert run commands as themselves and teamsysuser only.
>
> I have done some playing around sudoers file
>
> User_Alias      ALL_MY_USERS = narahari robert
> Runas_Alias     TEAM_SYS_USER = teamssysuser

> teamssysuser ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
>
> ALL_MY_USERS    ALL = (TEAM_SYS_USER) NOPASSWD:ALL

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/